The past 2 months flew past in a hub of work on Ugly Betty and receiving guests here Aux Jardins des Thevenets for Christmas and New Year.
|Filling the holes|
The last post showed you the beams being fitted by Olivier and Christophe and to do this, they did holes in the walls at 20 odd cm interval all along.
End of last week my Olivier started to refill these holes while I started to take out the grid from around the lintel stones of windows and the front door we have to move. Not one window or door is at 'conventional' heights and we have to change them all.
Then this week we decided it's going to be THE week of finishing some of the window's and hopefully the front door.
So the 2 of us moved a stone lintel of an uncertain weight onto the scaffolding and we reduced the sides of the window to the right size. Then we replaced the lintel and more or less fitted the window. Now I know it has not been a cold winter thus far, but
boy oh boy, did we drip with sweat!
|From the inside looking out !|
|Lintel on right in place and now for the cement lintel on the left!|
Yesterday morning we were all apprehensive to see if this installation made it through the night!
The front door is quite advanced but you'll have to be patient to see the suite!
Always nice sharing with you all!